Mortgage/Rent Worries

Mortgage/ Rent Arrears and Concerns

If you have or foresee problems in paying your rent/mortgage do not avoid the issue.

Firstly, talking to your mortgage company/landlord is the best way to avoid making the situation worse for yourself.

They will be able to give you options for before/after you fall into arrears.

Secondly, contact your local Citizens Advice to see if there is anything they can do for you. You may be entitled to benefits which you are not currently claiming or you may be offered an appointment with a specialist adviser. To find out how your local Citizens Advice Bureau can help you, please contact them directly.

There is also information and advice at and

Local Dorset Bureaux

Dorset Adviceline - 0344 245 1291

Purbeck Citizens Advice Bureau

Weymouth and Portland Citizens Advice Bureau

Dorchester & District Citizens Advice

Christchurch Citizens Advice Bureau

Poole Citizens Advice Bureau

Bridport Citizens Advice Bureau

East Dorset Citizens Advice Bureau

Ferndown Citizens Advice Bureau

North Dorset Citizens Advice Bureau

Sherborne & District Citizens Advice Bureau


There are also various other organisations that offer debt/mortgage advice:

Shelter: 0808 800 4444

National Debt line: 0808 808 4000

Payplan: 0800 280 2816

StepChange 0800 138 1111

If you are not from Bournemouth your council may also have housing advisors. You should contact your local council for more information.

Request Advice
Become a Volunteer

Make a Donation

Follow Us


Events and News

View All Events and News