Citizens Advice Bournemouth & Poole is a progressive and dynamic organisation that prides itself on delivering high quality and diverse range of services. We aim to be innovative and forward looking and are flexible and responsive to client needs.

We believe that an organisation is defined by the people that work for it and to be the best we need to employ the best. We invest in the development of our staff but we also expect the highest levels of performance, a ‘can do’ attitude and a team player.

If you think you can offer us all of the above we would love to hear from you for any opportunities that we have.

Current vacancies at Citizens Advice Bournemouth & Poole


Personal Budgeting Support Adviser [15 hrs/week based in Poole]

Stour Valley and Poole Partnership are contracting Citizens Advice to provide Personal Budgeting Support, an element of the support available for Universal Credit claimants.

The Adviser will provide Personal Budgeting Support via  face-to-face appointments to include: ensuring the client understands key Universal Credit changes, working out income and outgoings and budgeting plans, advising on setting up a bank account, understanding priority payments, and saving money on essentials and non-essentials.

The Adviser will also identify where a client may need to be referred to other projects (internal and external) for other support eg. debt advice, disability benefit appeals, energy efficiency measures.

Candidates will need to demonstrate recent experience of delivering personal budgeting / financial capability support, and an understanding of how Universal Credit works. An understanding of advice services would be useful.

The post will be employed by and based in Poole Citizens Advice offices but will require travel across the SVPP (Stour Valley & Poole Partnership) area and work in outreach locations.

The post will be 15 hours per week initially, paid at NJC scale 24 (actual £8,904 pa). It is possible there may be a need for additional hours as the roll out of UC gathers pace.

The posts will be fixed term for 12 months, to start in December 2017.

The closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 20th November 2017.

Interview date: Week commencing 27th November 2017.

For more details and to apply, please click here.


Citizens Advice Bournemouth & Poole is an equal opportunities employer.

All vacancies will be advertised here as and when available.

Application is by application form only; unfortunately we do not accept CVs.

Click here to browse volunteer roles within Citizens Advice Bournemouth & Poole.

You can also find other job opportunities with Citizens Advice nationally and other bureaus through the Citizens Advice website.