Trainee Adviser role
Commitment: minimum 1 days per week (or 2 half days)
Recruitment timetable: Monthly Recruitment throughout the year
General duties: An initial 5 weeks of training to the Assessor role (a triage service). Volunteers in this role find out what the client issue is and then either give information, signpost elsewhere, pass to an advisor or book an appointment, they do not give advice. Once trained and certificated to this role (approx 25 weeks) you have the option to move on to training for the Adviser role which has similar training over another 25 week period.
IT Support Volunteer
Commitment: minimum 1 day per week (or 2 half days)
Recruitment timetable: As Required
What will you do?
- help staff and volunteers with day to day IT issues, for example, trouble logging on to their computer, connecting to wi-fi, finding files
- support staff and volunteers with using particular software, such as Microsoft Outlook
- write instructions about how to do basic IT tasks to help volunteers and staff
What’s in it for you?
- build on and develop skills, in particular IT and communication
- increase your employability
- have a positive impact on someone else’s experience of volunteering with the local Citizens Advice
- meet people and build relationships with other volunteers
- contribute to the smooth running of the advice service which makes a real difference to peoples’ lives
And we’ll reimburse expenses too.
What do you need to have?
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills but you’ll need to:
- be friendly, patient and approachable
- respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have good verbal and written communication skills
- have good IT skills
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
If interested in applying for this IT role, please email email@example.com
Marketing and PR Assistant (Placement Volunteer)
Citizens Advice Bournemouth Christchurch & Poole is offering Marketing and PR students a 40 week placement based within the centre of Bournemouth.
Commitment minimum: 4-5 days per week
Restrictions: none, but preference for local knowledge
Recruitment timetable: Ad hoc throughout the year
General duties: To promote the organisation’s services, campaign work and volunteer opportunities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Creating Marketing and Campaign plans
- Supporting Research and Campaigns
- Co-ordinating campaign activities and promoting events
- Collaborating with external partners on campaign projects
- Designing marketing collateral such as posters and leaflets
- Managing social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Writing press releases and inserts for local magazines
- Keeping the website up-to-date with news stories and service updates
- Promoting volunteer opportunities
Other duties may include
- Assisting with the design and distribution of the internal and external online newsletter
- Creating and sending out surveys
- Supporting the promotion of Pension Wise
- Researching and supporting applications for funding
- Administrative duties such as recording of campaign activities
It is expected that the Marketing Assistant will keep up to date with current news within Citizens Advice, attend at least one Advice Service Session briefing per week and gain a good understanding of the frontline work of volunteer Advisers. The right candidate would be able to manage their own workload and have good computer literacy skills.
If interested in applying for the Marketing & PR Assistant role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for Trustees who have a particular knowledge of, and experience in either Human Resources, IT or Corporate Social Responsibility.
If you would like further information, please contact Donna Martin, Head of Service Delivery by email at email@example.com
Citizens Advice Bournemouth Christchurch & Poole is an equal opportunity employer. If you are interested in any of the following roles, we would love to hear from you:
- Social Policy (Research & Campaigns)
- Volunteer Coordination
Click here to browse volunteer roles within Citizens Advice Bournemouth Christchurch & Poole.
You can also find other job opportunities with Citizens Advice nationally and other bureaus through the Citizens Advice website.
All vacancies will be advertised here as and when available.
To request an application pack by email please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org